Friday, December 4, 2009

A Post From Nancy

Dear All,
It's Friday, December 4th, both Abbe Berry's and Ed Zukrow's birthday(s). Happy, healthy to both of them! Also, happy (low) round number tomorrow to Pam Shimamoto ....
As for me, Barry brought me home Tuesday night. Orchestrating my parole out of RIC was a daily, ever-changing challenge. While I am beyond-belief appreciative to have the medical care I have had, to quote Dorothy, "there's no place like home." The little things truly mean the most ...
I have found in the last 3 days that I have been able to get around pretty well. Walking is not difficult for me. Nor are stairs. My greatest challenge is endurance so pacing myself is key. (Fortunately for us, we have a well-paid staff living at our house, happy to do laundry, make school lunches and even chauffeur.) I will be starting my outpatient rehab at RIC-Northbrook, 3 times weekly, next week. Thank you, in advance, for the rides.
Also, thank you all for following my crazy wishes. More than most, I understand how difficult of a position I put you all in; clearly, I created one of these "damned no matter what you do" situations. I get that. There are no rights of wrongs here. I know I just have to get through the way I know how.
Thank you, too, for your thoughts, prayers, kind words, etc. I am overwhelmed by the emails, and I have not yet ventured onto this blog. Please know I appreciative that you care.
Heartfelt hugs,
Nancy

8 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy - So happy to see that your medical team did not disturb your sense of humor or positive attitude while they were rooting around in your brain. You just keep doing what you are doing, and your website followers are here to support you from near and far. When you are up to it, you will see what an amazing support team you have pulling for you on this site. You may have to eventually host a blog reunion so we can all meet each other. As I told you yesterday, now I just need to see you and to share some Lou's, and all will be right with the world. Happy resting up - enjoy that well-paid staff. I will see you soon. :)
    Love you - Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy -- So glad you are home, feeling better, and getting some semblance of routine back into your life. Your strength, courange, and determination is wonderful and you are an absolute inspiration. I hope your recovery continues to speed along. With best wishes and love, Jon Stern

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Nance:

    Every new update posting on this blog I've read from the bottom up. First, I see who it is that we are hearing from...is it your trusty friend, Gayle...or your loving hubby, Barry?

    I've greedily awaited seeing your name signed at the bottom of an update post after your looonnnnngggg "doctor's appointment"...and WOW, here it is.

    So, my dear friend, I really don't care what you have to say for yourself. You signed a post and that's all that really matters to me.

    Watery-eyed, your friend forever, Anio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy,

    finally the message we all have been waiting for - you are back home!

    We are so glad you got through this quite well and finally can be with your beloved again. This surely will help you to recover even faster. We continue thinking of you and sending good wishes so that you may not only fully recover but also forget the past 3 weeks as quickly as possible hopefully.

    Chris, Marco, Svenja and Kathalin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy,
    I'm am so glad to see the positive and personal posts from both you and Barry. What an important thanksgiving you had this year! If that was your favorite holiday before, it has taken on a whole new significance now. We missed you always at Amys and I may have to break the blog rules for your upcoming day. I am available for driving to rehab if you need it. Just add me to your schedule. love, Juliet and Steve

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy,
    When I started reading the second paragraph of the post and realized that you were "posting," tears came to my eyes. This is the post we've all been waiting for (and I think I am safe in speaking for all of your "followers," even though I don't know them). What a blessing that you are progressing so well. And, yes, Dorothy definitely knew what she was talking about. I'm so glad you are home.
    You are in my thoughts daily.
    Love, Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny how we should be giving to Nance but just last night a gorgeous gift arrived from Nance to my daughter...ah, the miracle of Nance Glazer.

    She continues to touch our hands and hearts even though we cannot hold her hand right now. But Nance- -we expect to be giving you hugs in person so very soon.

    An appreciative Ellen and family

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy,
    Words cannot describe how wonderful it is to hear from you and to know that your grace, humor, and love are all stronger than ever. I've been trying to be respectful of the "rules", but it is becoming harder every day! I just want to give you a great big hug!. There will be a multitude of birthday wishes and prayers for you, and mine will be among them. I am here for you when and if you need me. Please forgive me in advance as I'm pretty sure I will not be able to resist calling you on your birthday with my annual serenade. Hmm, given the fact that you've never commented on the obvious, perhaps you've been listening with your right ear all along!! Keep up the good work Nance - we all love you tons.
    SWA

    ReplyDelete