Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A note from Nancy, 12/22/09

If you happen to be checking this blog, thank you! (Some people tell me they are still checking daily. I apologize for not being able to keep up!!!)

My good news: I had the big follow-up appointment with Drs. Batjer and Fishman yesterday, 12/21. and they were both delighted with my progress. The biggest relief to me is that I can now drive. Just as Dr. Lisa Rosenberg was amazed weeks back that I didn't have double vision (and had perfect peripheral sight), so too, Dr. Batjer couldn't believe I was seeing normally... So, yes, I promise to stay on the right side of the road!

As you may have guessed, we opted to stay home this December instead of taking our planned trip to Naples. (I did pull the brain tumor card to get American Airlines to waive its $250 penalty fee to restock my miles back into my account ... normally, I would have never done that but their 2 options, worse and worser, made my blood boil.) Hopefully, a night downtown will be a good getaway for the kids!

I am still taking extra care of my right eye. Its vision is fine, but I must use drops or gel constantly as the 7th nerve is stubborn to relax. I still go to physical therapy, now, early in the morning while the kids are sleeping.

Again, I have so much to be grateful for this snowy holiday season. As it is difficult to multitask and personally shop for "just the right thing," the Glazers are truly having a more meaningful holiday. As ever, I am appreciative that you are thinking of me at this time.

Simply grateful,

Nancy

6 comments:

  1. I just checked the blog!! So glad to hear the appt went well! I hope you are all relaxing and enjoying time together. The trip will be there next year. Please tell Tracy I say hello and give her a big hug from me. I will look forward to seeing her again in the SP halls in 2010.:)
    Hugs,
    Nancy S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy--
    Glad to hear that you are doing so well.
    Happy New Year to the entire Glazer Family
    and may 2010 bring you the good health and happiness that you deserve.
    Best to all,
    Karen Young

    ReplyDelete
  3. Non-stop thinking about you and trying not to call to see how ya doing. Just know your Sami brings such joy to her friends when it could/should be the other way around. Nancy, you are raising such a super family while raising yourself back to perfect health. A round of applause, pom pons, and huge cheers from the Hattenbachs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy...we are all so glad to hear you are doing well and feeling better. You and your family are on our minds and in our our thoughts often! We hope 2010 is a healthy and happy one for you and your family!!! Followed your orders and didn't call email bake or cook but it wasn't easy! Just know we are here rooting for you!!! With huge hugs, steven,Cheryl, mari, Cody and Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, our very best wishes for happiness and good health in 2010. Have been checking on you daily via this blog and was so grateful to hear how well you are doing. And I have unbaked cookies and ready-to-cook meals I'd love to bring over when you're ready, just say the word! Much love, Mindy K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Nancy,
    So happy to hear that all is going extremely well. Your progress sounds like you, as a person -- exceeding expectations. I hope 2010 brings you a year of health, time shared with those you hold dear, and much joy. May it be a year free of potholes in the road of life. I'm sending you email hugs and keeping you in my thoughts. Take care, Nancy. Love, Laurel

    ReplyDelete